Saturday, April 26, 2014

Asian Chicken Stock

1 leftover rotisserie chicken carcass
2 stalks of celery
2 carrots
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and halved
1 bay leaf
4 peppercorns
12 dried shiitake mushrooms
1 teaspoon soy sauce
6-8 cups of water (you may add more as it boils)

Place chicken, celery, carrots and onion in a stock pot and add 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil. When mixture is boiling, add bay leaf, peppercorns and dried mushrooms and soy sauce

 Reduce heat but keep it going at a boiling simmer for 2 hours or more.
You may need to add a little water as it boils down. When it's done, strain and either make a soup. 

I call this Asian Chicken Stock because it's what I use to make "Asian" soup. It's kind of my version, or really my husband's version of Chicken Pho. He came up with it. 
You can use it as a basis for any Asian soup you want though. See my recipe for Chicken Pho, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment