Friday, March 6, 2015

Rosemary Chicken Salad

Last summer, my husband grew loads of rosemary and I still have some dried rosemary to use up before we start planting again. 
 I love rosemary and enjoy it in so many recipes. My husband didn’t like the idea, but when he tasted it, he was won over.
I love chicken salad, too, and I constantly experiment with different recipes. This is one of my favorites (although I make a killer curried chicken salad).

 I’d serve it on ciabatta or grilled Italian or French bread.  It’s also excellent as an appetizer on Ritz crackers.



Rosemary Chicken Salad
3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
1/3 cup chopped red onion
2/3 cups chopped celery (about 3 stalks)
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar (could substitute red if you need)
1 heaping tablespoon chopped, dried rosemary
Garlic salt to taste
Combine chicken, onion and celery and set aside.
In another bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, rosemary and garlic salt. I added ¼ teaspoon of garlic salt but I like it salty, so I would salt to taste.

Stir together both mixes and enjoy. This is better the next day so I suggest making it in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment