Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hello,
I have a hankering for pizza lately. I think it's this cold weather, it's comfort food. This is an excellent pizza that you can make for lunch or dinner or even as an appetizer for a party. This comes together quickly and is easy, so it's great for a weeknight dinner.


Chicken, Bacon Pizza with Sundried Tomatoes
1 ready made pizza dough (Stonefire is my favorite brand)
Pizza sauce, desired amount
1 cup chopped, skinless rotisserie chicken
1/3 cup real bacon pieces (store bought it what I used)
1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
1 1/3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese (or desired amount)
Fresh basil to garnish


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spread pizza sauce over dough. Top with chicken, bacon and sundried tomatoes.
Top with cheese and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
Remove and garnish with slices of fresh basil.



My nephew doesn't like any pizza other than cheese and he ate four slices of this, so that was a huge compliment. My dad loved it, too, but he loves bacon.

This pizza is easy, great for a quick dinner or parties. Serve with or without fresh basil.  Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment