Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I didn’t make this chocolate, caramel, date piece of HEAVEN, but I can tell you where to get it. This dessert is worth every calorie. It’s called  Trot on Over Here and it’s sticky pudding cake flavored with coffee and medjool dates topped with chocolate sauce, caramel and maple bacon brittle ice cream. The ice cream was scrumptious!!! This smooth buttery, caramel ice cream had lovely chunks of maple bacon brittle adding perfect contrast to the texture.
The fried mint on the side did nothing for it and actually distracted from it. I pushed it aside.
This treat was voted Best Bacon Dish in the South by Southern Living Magazine.
It’s available at the Tusk and Trotter in downtown Bentonville, Ark. http://www.tuskandtrotter.com/

We stopped Sunday for brunch there and  had a good meal. The main courses (Eggs Benedict and eggs gratin) were just ok, but the appetizer of risotto balls was fantastic. Creamy risotto, was mixed with ground meat, homemade sausage, herbs and cheese and then rolled in balls and fried. FAB-U-LOUS. Don't these look good?


We had a nice mimosa. I did not like the Bloody Mary because it was thin, but my husband prefers thin mixes so he liked it. They have an array of Bloody Mary's to choose from from pickles to bacon to ghost pepper. That's just personal taste. 
The Pomme Frites covered in Herbs de Provence were also fantastic. They had a sticky sauce on them and I didn't think I’d like it, but I did.
But the dessert was the highlight! And they have a biscuit covered with “chocolate gravy” and served whipped cream and strawberry ice cream. That’s on my list next time. I was stuffed! Next time, I will order the risotto balls, a salad and go for two desserts. I am not kidding. I don't eat a lot of dessert, but when I do, I go all out! 
Here is the interior of the restaurant.


We took a day trip to Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and had brunch in Bentonville. Both are worth the trip. I will post photos from the museum later. It’s awe inspiring. Have a delicious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment