Monday, January 19, 2015

It's such a stunning day outside. I had not planned to share this recipe until it warmed up because this doesn't seem like salad weather- but today it is.  This is a wonderful main course or side salad for several people.

Barbecue Ranch Chicken Salad
This restaurant quality salad is amazing and serves two as a main course or up to six as a side dish. The Cheesecake Factory serves an amazing salad like this, which was my inspiration for this recipe.



.
Directions:
1 head of romaine lettuce
2/3 cup of canned corn, drained
2/3 cup black beans, drained
1 1/4 cups chopped chicken
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
3 slices of bacon or 1/3 cup real bacon pieces
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
French's Fried Onion rings (like you use for the green bean casserole at Thanksgiving)

Dressing:
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1 1/2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon salsa
Get a large serving bowl for this recipe. For the photo, I made this look pretty by stacking the ingredients, but you will need to toss this together with the dressing before you serve it.
Chop lettuce and place in bowl. Add corn, black beans, chicken, tomatoes, bacon and cheese,
Mix ingredients for the dressing together then pour dressing over salad and thoroughly toss to distribute ingredients and the dressing. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and then serve.


2 comments:

  1. Yum! Found a bbq chicken at the store today, so I bought the other ingredients and put a version of this together tonight. (I don't like ranch dressing so I left that out.) Interesting combo of salsa and bbq sauce; the french onions were just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed it! I love the onions, too. I've become addicted and add them to salads and sandwiches now. I never ate them until I came up with this. I didn't want to take the time to fry onions, so used those and it was fabulous. Thanks for trying the recipe!

    ReplyDelete