Saturday, January 10, 2015

This morning, as my daughter sleeps, I'm typing up last night's wonderful recipe and I am thinking about dehydrated garlic.

I was introduced to dehydrated garlic three years ago at the New Orleans School of Cooking. I hardly ever buy the fresh stuff now. I was totally skeptical when I saw it, but it re-hydrates just like real garlic and I no longer have stinky fingers from chopping. Plus, it saves me so much time.

Now if I dish requires fresh garlic, like salad or tapenade, I still chop fresh garlic. But on a daily basis, I reach for my dehydrated garlic. If you've never tried it, I recommend it! All you do is drop it in a soup or sauce and it turns into regular garlic.

It's not easy to find, but if you see it, try it. I order mine online to save myself time. I don't want to drive around town hunting any specific ingredient.

Anyway, I will post a lovely Chicken, Corn and Potato Chowder tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment