Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Today is the day. I'm finally launching this blog. I've had this idea for more than a year and I've been plugging away at my recipes, but so many things came up, I kept putting this off. No more.
 So, if you're interested, each week I will post three new recipes using rotisserie chicken. While I am a big supporter of the local food movement, I also have eaten more grocery store chicken than ever before (in the past two years).
So if you're looking for quick dinner inspiration and recipes, then check back frequently. I will share a recipe for Chicken, Corn Chowder and Chicken Marsala -- all using rotisserie chicken.
Here's a SCRUMPTIOUS recipe to get started:



Creamy, Gumbo Dip
This dip is incredible, even though the picture is awful. Sometimes the food is great, but the photo isn't.

 My inspiration for this was Gumbo and artichoke dip. Those are two absolutely delectable dishes and I decided to combine the concepts. It has the chicken and Andouille sausage and the “trinity” and then the gooey cheese and heavenly cream cheese found in so many dips. I use Cajun seasoning, but be SURE to taste the seasoning before you add it to this dip because so many brands are appallingly salty. I use “Joe’s Stuff” which I discovered at the New Orleans School of Cooking. We order it online. Which, by the way, if you put in an order, it’s worth getting the dehydrated garlic and Bloody Mary mix. The mix is expensive, but the best I’ve ever had. My second favorite mix is Zing Zang, if that gives you any reference.
Anyway, use Cajun seasoning sparingly or you could ruin this. This fantastic and perfect for a football party, cold night or Sunday afternoon. Enjoy. If you like it, please share!




 Creamy, Gumbo Dip
3/4 cup minced Andouille sausage
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 large stalk of celery, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion
¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 ounces cream cheese
¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
2/3 cup mayonnaise
¾ cup chopped, skinless rotisserie chicken breast
1 1/3 cups shredded Monterey Jack, cheddar blend
Green onions to garnish

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Chop all ingredients and set aside.
Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add Andouille sausage and oil. Then add celery and onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and salt and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately stir in cream cheese and Cajun seasoning. Then stir in mayonnaise, chicken and half the cheese. Spread mixture into a deep dish pie pan and cover with remaining cheese. Garnish with green onions.

Bake 15-20 minutes until it bubbles on top. Serve with tortilla chips or French bread slices. It’s amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment