Friday, January 23, 2015

If you haven't been to Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, you really should go. Last week was my husband's birthday, so I surprised him with a trip there. I've been to 45 states, so I feel comfortable saying this is one of the most beautiful museums in America. There are iconic paintings like Norman Rockwell's Rosie the Riveter and modern artists, too. But the architecture will wow you as much as the paintings inside the building. There are walking and biking trails around the museum, and the restaurant, Eleven, was good. Here are some pictures from our lovely afternoon ...
Isn't this one wild? I took it as we drove away/ It was a gorgeous day.
One thing I love about this place is the use of natural light and nature. This is one of the hallways at the museum. It's actually a series of buildings, some connected by bridges. Arkansas is a stunning state and this place showcases that beauty.

We have typical Ozarks weather that day. One moment it was gorgeous, the next it was cloudy, and then it was pretty again. I love the gray tones and shadows in this photo. I didn't tone anything. All of these were shot on my iPhone. Gotta love modern technology.

The entrance to the museum. I love this silver tree. See, gorgeous weather one minute.

The restaurant has amazing natural light and good food. The menu is limited, but we both had an Ozark Harvest Salad and it was excellent. I am going to try to recreate the dressing.


Painting by Thomas Hart Benton. I love his stuff.

So many people take pictures of the building. It's awe inspiring.

As my husband would say "Trippy cloud formation."

That's all I had time to download. It was a wonderful day. And the museum is FREE, so you can take the entire family and enjoy a free day of entertainment. I am proud to have this in the Ozarks.

2 comments:

  1. Loved seeing you put together the Po' Boys on Ozarks Live at 4:00 today. Looked so good and crunchy! Anxious to try the recipe myself. I also liked your photos of Crystal Bridges Museum. My daughter and I went there last July on my birthday. The weather was perfect, and we totally enjoyed the day there. We even walked a couple of the hiking trails. We checked out Bentonville after that. That's a pretty place, too.

    I enjoy your travel articles in News-Leader. Very informative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had a wonderful time on the show. I LOVE that recipe. I hope you enjoy it, too. This has been so much fun. I now write travel for the Joplin Globe, too! It's been a wonderful partnership. Bentonville is a great city. My husband and I were saying we need to stay there next time. Thank you for reading. I hope you'll keep trying my recipes. I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete